Saturday, March 1, 2014

[Uniko Studio] Happy Birthday Gift Card Holder

Hi everyone. How is everyone making out with the snow? Talking to all my friends, it seems it's warm everywhere, except the US. And it's suppose to snow this coming Monday. Thankfully we have work from home options. At least I don't have to drive on slippery roads, looking paranoidly into my rear view and side mirrors for that crazy car. With our two recent car wrecks (with no injuries, Thank God!), I declare myself done. When you're on first name basis with the body shop dude and know his phone number by memory, it's time to find something different to use up my "free time" ;)... oh like crafting, which is why we are here.

Uniko Studio is having a challenge. Make sure to check it out. In case you need some idea inspirations, I have something for you. 

Today I'm showing you an out of the box way to use "A Gift For You." 



Like the set says, it's all about gifting, just in time for that birthday thing we are invited to today. We wanted to gift our good friend a date to Longwood Gardens with his wife. Longwood Gardens happens to be one of our favorite places, since this is where I took Florian on his birthday after we started dating.

Since we don't know when our friends will go, we will gift it to them in the form of a gift card.

Happy Birthday
Stamps: (A Gift For You) Uniko Studio
Paper: (Pb&J Collection) Basic Grey
Ink: (Creative Color Pigment Ink - Ocean) Mama Elephant; (Memento - Tuxedo Black) Tsukineko
Embellishments: (PB&J - Designer Chipboard) Basic Grey; (Arrow Paperclips - White) Freckled Fawn


I tried to make this gift card botanical for the Longwood Gardens theme, but not too girly. Picking colors like aqua, blue, green and gray color schemes seems safe enough. I had a gift card holder from AMC that I repurposed by lining the gift card holder with some Basic Grey paper. A bit of scoring at the right places and some stamping makes up the base of the gift card.

If you look carefully, I took the solid bow portion of the stamp set and decided I could convert them into flowers. Isn't it fun to see how to stretch the stamps into something more? Here is a closer look at the stamping. The "flowers" are fun and whimsy - adds to the fun graphical look.

Happy Birthday

The paper clip is from Freckled Fawn and a neat way to hold the entire thing together, while keeping in line with the graphic look. I had toyed with the idea of using washi tape, but there was not a good place to put it.

We added our birthday wishes on the inside cover. I hope he will like his gift. That's all I have for you and make sure to check out the Uniko Studio challenge.

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

2 accidents?! You poor girl!
Love today's card!

cm said...

So clever to use the bow as a flower! Your gift card holder's colours/images are perfect for your friends, who I know will love what you've created as well as the generous gift to Longwood Gardens. It sounds like a beautiful place! Two accidents? Oh my - glad to hear you're okay, but especially more happy to know that you can work from home! Stay off the roads until the snows are melted! Wonderful to see you creating; I've missed your posts and cards!
c

Related Posts with Thumbnails